In this introductory course, we look at the ingredients, brewing equipment, and processes required for making your first batch of homebrewed beer at home.
Your host Nick will walk you through the brewing process in a chapter and lesson format. The course is completely on demand allowing you to complete it on your schedule. Once purchased you'll have unlimited access to the course content with no expiration or time limit.
Total running time: approx. 39 minutes plus quizzes and supplemental reading. Once you have purchased this course, you may watch it as many times as you like.
Access all Northern Brewer University courses through the Unlimited Access Plan for just $9.99 a month.
Chapter 1: Intro & Course Overview
- Lesson 01: Course Intro and Homebrewing Overview
- Lesson 02: Brewing Equipment & Starter Kits
- Lesson 03: Beer Recipe Kits
Chapter 2: Brewing
- Lesson 01: The Brewing Process
- Lesson 02: Avoiding Boilovers
- Lesson 03: Cooling Wort
Chapter 3: Fermentation
- Lesson 01: Fermentation & Sanitization Overview
- Lesson 02: Transfer Wort to Fermenter
- Lesson 03: Gravity Readings
- Lesson 04: Pitch Yeast
- Lesson 05: Track Fermentation
- Lesson 06: Fermentation & Conditioning - The Waiting Game
- Quiz #2: Fermentation
Chapter 4: Bottling
- Lesson 01: Bottling Overview & Sanitizing Bottling Equipment
- Lesson 02: Make a Priming Solution & Transfer Wort to Bottling Bucket
- Lesson 03: Filling and Capping Bottles
- Lesson 04: Cleaning Equipment (Now... Not Later!)
- Lesson 05: Enjoying Your First Beer & Course Wrap-Up
- Homebrewing 101 Class Evaluation Survey
- Additional Homebrewing Resources from Northern Brewer
How To View This Course
- Once the course is purchased you will receive an email from Northern Brewer University.
- Open the email and click the link to set your password.
- Choose your password.
- Once your password is set you will be automatically logged-into the Northern Brewer University site and you can begin the course!
If you misplace your email you can always log into the Northern Brewer Course Page Here.
Included Supplemental Reading
- Additional Reading: Bottling & Carbonating
- Additional Reading: Final Gravity
- Additional Reading: Wort Chillers
- Additional Reading: Clarifiers & Additives
- Additional Reading: Fermentation
- Additional Reading: Even More on Cleaners & Sanitizers
- Additional Reading: How to Sanitize Homebrewing Equipment
- Additional Reading: How to Clean Brewing Equipment
- Additional Reading: Wort Aeration
- Additional Reading: Brewing Yeast
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.