An in-depth look at the ingredient that makes beer... beer! Learn about the history of malt in brewing, how different malts (and malt extract) are made and used, and how malts work together to make the beer styles we love. Host Nate Dexter also shows you how to perform a hot steep malt sensory evaluation at home.
The course is completely on demand, allowing you to complete it on your schedule. Once purchased you'll have unlimited access to the course content with no expiration or time limit.
Total running time: approx. 28 minutes plus quizzes and supplemental reading. Once you have purchased this course, you may watch it as many times as you like.
Chapter 01: Course Introduction
- Lesson 01: Course Introduction & Objectives
Chapter 02: Malt History & Background
- Lesson 01: What is Malt?
- Lesson 02: Why Barley?
Chapter 03: Malt Overview
- Lesson 01: How Malt is Made
- Lesson 02: Malt Color & Hot Steep Evaluation
- Lesson 03: The Four Families of Malt
Chapter 04: Malt Extract
- Lesson 01: How Malt Extract Made and Used
Chapter 05: Dissecting a Grain Bill
- Lesson 01: Grain Bill Breakdown - IPA vs Dry Irish Stout
- Lesson 02: Goodbye & Additional Resources
- Course Evaluation Survey
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.