Lime Tree Lager is the perfect beer for enjoying outside on a warm summer day, or for bringing back memories of warm days during cold and dark winter evenings. A simple malt base of barley and rice paired with a modest addition of classic German Hallertau hops become the stage for the natural lime to shine. Bright, clean, and absolutely refreshing, Lime Tree Lager pairs perfectly with pools, friends, and classic American barbeque fare.
- Style: Lager
- Fermentation Range: 48-56°F
- Original Gravity: 1.041
- SRM: 2.5
- IBU: 12
- ABV: 4.1%
- Aroma: Very faint sweet malt aroma with no hops present. Prominent lime citrus aroma prevails.
- Appearance: Light golden straw in color with a fleeting brilliant white head. Moderate clarity due to the addition of lime.
- Flavor: Clean, crisp fermentation characteristics with very low malt and hops present. Bright acidic lime emerges as the dominant flavor and lingers until the next sip.
- Mouthfeel: Very light body with low mouthfeel. Clean, quick finish on the palate.
Looking for the Extract Version?
Notes from Brad, Northern Brewer Head Brewer:
Lime Tree Lager is about as simple as recipes get, but don’t be fooled by the simplicity. The base of standard 2-row malt and flaked rice provide a super clean malt character while a modest dose of Hallertau hops gives just enough bitterness to keep everything in balance. The real hero of this recipe is the 100% natural crystallized lime which serves to give the resulting beer an incredibly refreshing and thirst-quenching quality. Brew this one often, as it is just as pleasing on a cold winter night as it is on a sunny, hot summer day.
Yes, this is a lager, but do not worry too much if your temperature control abilities are not all that great. The lager yeast strains paired with this recipe do indeed produce the best results when fermented in the lower 50F range, but these strains will also do well up into the mid 60F range, merely leaving behind a bit more fruity esters than it otherwise would. To successfully brew this recipe, simply try to keep the fermentation temperature as low as you can.”
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.